This blog is written by Linda Style, co-founder of Bootcamp for Novelists Online, for Bootcamp students and anyone interested in writing and would like to to talk (mostly) about writing related topics. I can't guarantee I won't talk about other things, but I can always relate it to writing in some way. If you'd like to post something yourself, email me at bootcamp4novelists2@yahoo.com or through our website - BootcampforNovelists.com. I love to have guest bloggers as well.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

LAST CHANCE THIS YEAR...

If you've been wanting to take Escalating Consequences and Scene Sculpting, do it now! These two classes won't be offered again until 2012.

Late registration for March 18 classes closes on March 25.

March 18 to April 15
3B Scene Sculpting
a Basic Track Course taught by Connie Flynn
Structuring scenes for maximum impact is the third pillar of story
structure. You'll leave this course knowing where and when to place a scene
and how to connect it with other scene for ease of flow and maximum impact.

3P Escalating Consequences
a Polish Track Course taught by Linda Style
Have you ever been so excited about a story that it almost seems to write
itself...and then somewhere after the third chapter it stops dead? If so
it's probably because your conflict is static. This workshop examines Dynamic Conflict...what it is and how to use it with escalating consequences to make your story move along naturally...with high drama.

Fee: $28 each course
To enroll go to http://www.bootcampfornovelists.com/index.html

What people are saying about Bootcamp for Novelists

Connie I feel like I've learned a ton. You are a great teacher and it's
rare you learn a skill that's so tangible and practical. Very much looking
forward to Plot.


Just had a great experience taking Linda Style's Bootcamp for Novelists
course on Emotion. I thought it was an excellent course! After taking many
courses at the RWA conference and reading a lot of writing books ,I have to
say this is one of the most valuable experiences I've had thus far. The
material was detailed and provided lots of new insight I haven't come across
before. Highly recommend taking one of Linda's courses.


Thank you so much for this course Connie. I'm looking forward to moving
ahead with the Plotting course. I've gotten so much insight into
characterization from your teaching. I can't wait to learn more!!


I'm pleased to see that a friend of mine took my advice and signed up for
Linda's "Infusing your Story with Emotion". Slowly and surely, I hope to
get all my friends from the Ottawa Romance Writers of America to know all
about "Bootcamp for Novelists". By the way, I really enjoyed Denise
Domning's course.


Enroll now at www.bootcampfornovelists.com

2 comments:

Linda Style said...

Thank you, Sydney. You've started my day with a smile. :-)

We writers are nothing, if not passionate. It's who we are...and what we do is our way to express it. I love how the differences in that expression can provide new insights...and make an old subject new again.

Thanks for posting, Sydney. Stop by again...and if you have a particular topic you'd like to see, let me know!

Cheers,
Linda

Kathy said...

IF I had $28 I need this course so I will hope 2012 is a better year for me. Sounds like a great class.